Dr George Valsamakis
Assistant Professor of Endocrinology
Medical School, University of Thessaly
Visiting Associate Professor, Medical School, University of Warwick, UK
Doctor of Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK
Dear Friends, Welcome to my website!
My name is George Valsamakis. I am a physician specialized in Endocrinology with a Doctor of Medicine degree in Metabolism from the University of Birmingham, UK. My clinical practice consists in diagnosis of, investigation into and management of the following diseases:
- Obesity – Nutrition
- Diabetes Mellitus Types 1 and 2
- Endocrinology of Pregnancy (Obesity, Gestational Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders, Calcium Disorders, Primary Hyperaldosteronism, Disorders of Cortisol Secretion, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia)
- Thyroid Disorders
- Gynaecological Endocrinology (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, acne and excessive hair growth due to Hyperandrogenaemia, Menstrual Disorders, Subfertility)
- Andrological Endocrinology (Alopecia, Erectile Dysfunctions, Subfertility, Sperm Disorders)
- Pituitary Disorders – Investigation and treatment (Adenomas, Disorders of Hormonal secrecion)
- Adrenal Glands – Investigation and treatment (Primary Hyperaldosteronism, Disorders of Cortisol Secretion, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Phaechromocytoma)
- Paediatric Endocrinology
- Calcium Disorders (Hyperparathyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Vitamin D Deficiency)
- Neuroendocrine Tumours
The present website was set up in order to create a means of keeping posted and communicating with patients, researchers and colleagues living both in Greece and abroad who are interested in matters related to the Science of Endocrinology.
The website enables patients everywhere to obtain valuable information simply by clicking on the desired subject listed in the ‘menu’ of services that are provided by the Endocrinological Clinic (Services, Contacts, Patient Information), as well as to access up-to-the-minute clinical data that is of direct interest and concern to them (Patient Information, Updates). Moreover, should patients wish to communicate with specific relevant questions, it will be my pleasure to reply to them regarding their queries (Contact).
Researchers and clinicians, both in Greece and abroad, are welcome to inquire about my research activities and lectures as well as publications of mine in the field of Metabolism (Updating and Links).